Thank you to everyone who entered for our Student Services Awards last year, the Exec. were delighted with the response. We have three categories this year but have introduced the new Award for ‘Inspirational Project’:
- Student Services Team of the Year
- Student Services Inspirational Project of the Year – NEW!
- Inspirational Leader of the Year
There will be three nominees shortlisted against each category who will be invited to attend the Gala Dinner at our Annual Conference where the winners will be announced.
If you would like to enter, all you have to do is complete the attached entry form by Friday 11th January 2019 with as much information, details and clear supporting evidence as possible within the limitations of the word count.
Student Services Team of the Year - Has your student services team had an extraordinary year? Have they positively impacted on the students’ experience beyond the usual expectations? Have you got a team who deserve to be recognised for their collaborative, inspirational and innovative spirit?
Student Services Inspirational Project of the Year - Has your Student Services team produced a piece of work or completed a task that truly inspired colleagues, learners, your local community or all three? What has been the impact on any/all of those groups?
Inspirational Leader of the Year - Do you work for someone who motivates others when times are tough? Someone who puts others’ interests ahead of their own? Do they inspire their team to strive for the very best? Have their strategies and actions had a significant, positive and demonstrable effect on their team or the learners?
Eligibility to Enter
Any NAMSS member college is eligible to apply but there can be only one entry submitted per category per college. If a college enters who has an employee sitting on the NAMSS’ Executive Board, that member will declare a conflict of interest and will not form part of any judging panel or process.
NAMSS Student Services Awards Entry Details
NAMSS Student Services Awards Entry Form
For each category, prizes will be awarded to the institution as follows:
- First Prize - £1,500
- Second Prize - £750
- Third Prize - £500
All winning entrants will also receive a commemorative plaque.
Winners will be announced at our Annual Conference Gala Dinner on Monday 11th March at the Hilton Hotel, Liverpool. All shortlisted entries will be offered one free place at our Annual Conference Gala Dinner and anyone wishing to purchase additional places can do so at cost price.
How to enter
Entries should be submitted to Jackie Cannell, NAMSS Operations Officer, PO Box 176, Huntingdon, PE27 9DJ or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries will be acknowledged on receipt.
Remember, the deadline for entries is Friday 11th January 2019; entries received after this date will not be considered.
The independent judging panel will comprise of members of the NAMSS Executive Board who will use the following criteria to help them reach their decisions, each of which will be equally weighted:
For Student Services Team and Inspirational Project Categories:
Excellence and innovation:
- contribution to the improvement of services for all learners
- implementation and outcomes of innovative practice to the benefit of service users
- results for learners/service users, including unexpected positive results
- engagement of vulnerable learners including those with special educational needs
- increasing student engagement including innovative methods of communication
- successful monitoring of learner progress including interventions to improve outcomes
- processes for collecting service user needs and satisfaction levels and actions in response to improve services
Demonstrates Positive Partnership Working:
- ability and willingness to work successfully outside area of expertise
- works in partnership across teams or agencies to improve outcomes for learners
- displays initiative and excellence in significantly improving systems, technical procedures, or administrative practices
- fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity to improve services for learners
In addition - For Inspirational Leader Category:
Professionalism and commitment to their role/team/service users:
- having strategic vision and providing a clear direction for their team
- motivating and inspiring others to achieve the best that they can
- mutually beneficial engagement with other agencies and professionals external to your or-ganisation
- demonstrates true leadership qualities in managing their staff/service/resources effectively
- demonstrable positive impact and results on their team and outcomes for learners/service users
You may include relevant, numbered appendices with your application e.g. data tables, newspaper articles or publicity photos relevant to key aspects of your nomination. Please do not exceed more than 3 Appendices - only Appendices numbered 1 to 3 will be considered by the panel.
Accepted file types include JPG, JPEG, PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX. No multimedia items (e.g. YouTube videos) or discs will be accepted with nominations. Maximum accepted files size is 10 MB.